Tuesday 21 September 2010

Music Video Thoughts - Three

I was searching YouTube for some new music and I came across two more videos which I really liked. I have posted them up on here so that I can refer back to them in the future should I want to. Sorry, they are both in Greek again guys, but sadly thats just the kind of music that I listen to! Below each of the videos I have posted what I like about each one and why.

'Otan Se Eiha Protodei' by Professional Sinnerz

Although I am not the greatest fan of this song (in fact I think it is awful!!!), I do find the video itself interesting. I find the use of the overhead camera angle and the almost stop motion aspects really unusual, and yet somewhat effective. I think this shows a lot of creativity from the director of the video as I have never seen it done in any video before and is something I can take inspiration from in terms of trying lots of different effect, camera angles especially.

'Erota H Polemo' by Anna Vissi feat. Goin' Through

Again what I love about this video is the simplicity of it all. Like with the song by Mihalis Hatzigiannis I posted previously in 'Music Videos Thoughts - One' I feel that all of the shots in this video are all very simple and yet put together very well. Although they are similar in that respect, you have to say that the two are completely different in all other respects aside from the fact they both feature the singers and not much else. Something else I really love about this video is the way they layer and edit the mise en scene using digital software, something that I will be able to do this year through the use of after effects on the school computers. The video I think also has a very dark quality to it with its use of mainly reds and blacks, combining well with the music itself which I believe is very important when making the video. You want to create a peice to fit the music, not create the peice and just sticking a randomly chosen song on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment