Wednesday 8 September 2010

A2 Productions - Music Video

We also had a look at a couple of examples of music videos during class today and discussed how they often use stories as their main feature. From what we watched the main example of this was how Katy Perry's music video for her song 'Hot and Cold' used the story of how when her fiance makes a run from their wedding day, she goes slightly mad and chases him down in revenge. We also watched a music video from a band who filmed themselves doing stunts on treadmills all in one take, which although was entertaining and different to begin with, would perhaps be less effective the third or fourth time you watched the clip.

From the research I did into music videos I did over the summer, I have found several kinds of videos which I think are very interesting and would consider doing them, however I will post them with explanations why later on in the blog. Creating a music video is one of the most popular choices amongst the class, and it is clear why as it allows you to be very creative in what you produce. This is the main reason why I would be interested in making a music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment