Saturday 25 September 2010

My Big Fat Greek Mood Board

For my mood board I have decided to use videos of pictures which display certain characteristics that I wish my piece of work to carry. Below is a very stereotypical version of Greece, something anyone from this country may expect to find when visiting as a tourist. However, when you compare it to my other videos posted it you will find that life in Greece is not all as nice and relaxed as you would imagine.




In many respects this is a true representation of the country. Ordinarily life goes on relatively quietly and peacefully until something goes wrong. The Greeks are a very passionate breed and if they do not like something then they will not hesitate to tell you about it. Years of oppression from other cultures has left them demanding only perfection from their own government, however the government themselves had other ideas. Below I have displayed the kinds of images for my mood board that I want to portray through my own piece of work. Do not get me wrong, such images do not appear very often in Greek society, but when they do they are devastating. Some people may find the images a little disturbing.










All of the images posted give me great inspiration to carry on with this documentary. As a viewer from another culture, you should be asking questions all the time, and I believe that these images will both shock and intrigue a British viewer, and it will therefore be my job as the person documenting to answer these questions through my filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment