Saturday 1 January 2011

A New Year, Means New Ideas!

Kαλη χρόνια σε όλους!

As the title of this post suggests, since my last video post I have been thinking of ways to enhance my work. I have decided to make a few changes to the character of Manousos based on how I feel the last video went. Having already spoken about NiVo in an earlier post and told how he is an inspiration to myself and many other young Greek people during these difficult times, I have decided to base Manousos' characteristics, clothing etc much more around him. At the bottom of this post I have posted two more of NiVo's music videos which revolve around government protest and youth culture, in case anyone is interested. I have also decided to make my performance as Manousos lot more aggressive and emotive compared to how he is in the previous video. This is a very stereotypically Greek mannerism and I believe it will add realism and also a sense of passion to the final documentary, which is what I want.

There is also another idea which I have had to with the formatting of the character throughout the documentary. I have decided to dress him firstly in the colour white for the duration of the documentary, with him seeming to be a kind of angelic character attempting to spread his wisdom of the subject to the world through his documentary. I will at the end then change the costume of the character to many much darker shades (as if he were going out to take part in a demonstration) showing that although the character does speak sense, there is also a very dark side to his personality, leaving it up to the audience to decide how they feel about him. I may also use this thinking in the other tasks in this project. The use of the same character either standing back to back is a strong one in my mind as an image for either the double page spread or the newspaper advertisement, for the same reasons as said above.


Kalimera Ellada - Goin' Through
This was NiVo's first protest song and the song that inspired me to proceed in the project in the first place. It features him singing about the poor situation of the country, about it's history and asking the government why it is "raping", "stealing" and "killing" the country, with the harmony of the children who's lives it will effect in the future set behind him.


Den Katalavaino - Goin' Through
This is the boys' latest single and this video was only released yesterday. Nivo again uses scenes of youth culture throughout Greece and keeps flicking back to the view of the Parliament in Athens throughout the video. The main lyric sung throughout the track is 'Den katalavaino ti lene" which translates as "I don't understand what they are saying", referring to the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment