Wednesday 26 January 2011

Ancillary Task (Newspaper Advert) Development Four

After deciding all of the things discussed in the previous post, it was time to return to Photoshop and put everything together and producing the final advert.

I firstly needed to decide what layout the writing would have in regards to the picture. I could either just leave the picture as it was and have a black box to the right hand side of it with the all the information regarding the programme based in it, or I could try and insert the text into and around the picture in a much more creative way. I decided to go for the second option as I felt the picture would feel a bit blank left the way it was. I put a black box around the picture which would give me space to put in the writing when it needed it.

I decided then that the tagline would look best as a kind of title underneath the police officers feet. That way the audience would look at the picture of the police, wonder what was going on and by reading the words 'It's all Greek to me' they would agree and want to read on wanting to know more. I inserted the paragraph underneath the tagline. This was done for two reasons. The first was that, as already said, I wanted the reader to continue down the page and having the writing directly underneath this would allow them to do so with ease. I also felt that the space on the stairs was too plain to be left with nothing inside it and would make it look boring. As you can see from the picture I have also tilted the paragraph slightly to the left. I felt left straight the direction of the text would line up too much with the lines of the stairs which I felt again would bore the human eye.

The final thing I needed to was to insert the name of the documentary and the time/date it would be viewed on. This is why I left the black spaces above and below the picture. I placed the name underneath the picture in the font chosen earlier. I feel that the white writing on the black background makes it stand out well compared to the rest of the picture, without taking anything away from it. I then added the date and time to the top right of the box of the advert in the same way except smaller and more subtle. Being in the top right means it is not part of the grand scheme of things and does not get in the way of the advert in anyway, but is there so that people know this obviously important piece of information. I also feel that it helps fill some of the black space behind the police which again I felt was blank and boring.


No comments:

Post a Comment