Friday 7 January 2011

Just to Clarify!!

I have been asked by Miss Brogan today to clarify why in my documentary I have decided to cut the idea of including interviews. As I said in an earlier blog post I have decided to get rid of the interviews because my audience research showed that young people would rather be informed of ideas and the reasons behind them, which in my piece of work will be presented historically, then make an informed decision themselves rather than listening to an older generation talking about it in an overly formal and educated way.

Having the character of Manousos, I believe will compensate for the lack of interviews. He will be the voice of what is actually happening in Greece and will get rid of the myths created by the UK media. He will have first hand experience of the events and will tell the young audience his feelings in a way that is relevant to them by linking them to problems here. The audience will then be able to make an informed decision in whether they agree with what he is saying or not, and can personally continue to research the subject if they wish.

The documentary will be more like one of the 3 Minute Wonder programmes shown on Channel 4 than a typical hour long Panorama type programme. It will move more quickly, it will be more quirky and symbolism will be used throughout, as well as real life footage to back up his points. This is why music videos have been more of an inspiration in the creation of the documentary. Re-creating the format of the documentary to fit a younger audience through using techniques they already enjoy more is a huge risk. That is something of which I am well aware of. However if it works well I believe it will be a massive success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment